Now that the weather is finally starting to warm up, many of the folks here at Backrack are getting really excited about camping season!
And since we, like you, are people who love our trucks, we thought it would be a fun idea to look at some of the camping accessories for pickup trucks that are on the market. Turns out, there is some really cool gear out there that can help turn your truck into the ultimate camping rig.
Here are a few of our top picks:
- Pickup Truck Air Mattress – if sleeping on the ground isn’t your style, why not sleep in the cargo bed of your truck? Specialized air mattresses from AirBedz fit your truck bed and sit nicely over the wheel wells are available to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Jammock Hammock – Perhaps you would like something a little less bulky than an air mattress. Then the jammock hammock is a sling that stretches across your truck bed and is perfect for relaxing.
- Pickup Truck Tent – Not into sleeping under the stars or struggling with tent pegs in rocky ground? Try a truck tent from Napier Enterprises. It is easy to set up over your truck bed and you won’t have to worry about creepy crawlies finding their way into your sleeping bag!
- Awning - Whether you have a lot of sun or some rain, there will be times when you want to take shelter during the day. ARB makes a number of different awnings that you can use along with your pickup truck.
- Hitch Mounted Grill – burnt offerings can be one of the best parts of camping. Why not grill your meat and veggies on a pickup truck bbq that mounts directly to your hitch?
- Flat tailgate – If you are going to be cooking, you’re going to need a flat surface on which to prepare food. One of the simplest ways to do this is to bring along a piece of plywood that fits over top of your tailgate.
- Pickup Truck Cooler – another key accessory for pickup truck camping is a good cooler that can preserve your food as well as keep your “camping beverages” at an ideal temperature. The Yukon Cold Locker secures to your truck bed and allows you to keep items cold for up to eight days on one load of ice.
- Portable Camp Shower – Just because you’re enjoying the great outdoors, doesn’t mean you have to smell like a hermit. Consider taking along a portable shower such as the Coleman 5 Gallon Camp Shower.
- Pickup Truck Camping Heater – When camping during cooler weather, having a portable heater with you is always a good idea. While some heaters can be hooked to your car (or truck) battery, these will drain the battery quickly. A propane heater such as Mr. Buddy heater is a great choice.
- Hammaka Trailer Hitch Stand – This unique hitch attachment allows you to hang comfy hammock chairs ideal for relaxing at any campsite.
- Backrack Truck Rack and Accessories – we would be remiss if we didn’t mention Backrack truck racks and accessories as part of your ideal pickup truck camping gear. Backrack truck racks, rear bars and side rails allow you to easily and transport all your camping equipment including bikes, canoes, stand up paddle board and just about anything else you can think of.
Now that you know about some of the coolest camping accessories for your truck, it’s time to start planning your next big outdoor adventure.